Sunday, September 14, 2014

Missy Griffis - Weekly Post 3








            Juliette Bates is a French photographer born in 1983. She still currently lives and works in Paris France. The above pictures are from her series Histoires Naturelles made in 2011 and is loved for its symbolic compositions.


            When trying to research more about Bates, I found very little. Either my research skills are slacking or she is very reserved as if to remain secluded. Much like herself, her work has a sense of compelling mystery and dominant repetition of color themes. She also works with birds, insects and skulls as well, which are typically the only color she has in these pictures. I love the use of lighting and the repetition of the velvet texture as well. I’m very intrigued with this project; I love the darkness and the mystery. This is something I want to try and experiment with.

No comments:

Post a Comment