Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Darian White:Weekly Post 5

Andy Rouse- http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthpicturegalleries/9329142/Wildlife-photographs-by-Andy-Rouse-winner-of-the-Cherry-Kearton-Medal.html#?frame=2247245




Andy Rouse is a famous Wildlife Photographer. Mr. Rouse has the unique ability to capture amazing moments from the lives of animals and birds in the wild.  His trade-mark stance is one that is "up close and personal" to animals.

After using the digital SLRs, Mr. Rouse had stated that he has finally made the change in November 2002 and has not taken a single film image since then. He uses the superb Canon EOS 1Ds, which he states, it gives a better result than a scanned Velvia image and more flexibility. He captures his photography in the best possible light and seems to love photographing in poor weather conditions.

I absolutely adore Mr. Rouse’s work.  I like the way he captures photos in animals’ natural habitat. The photo of the two bears play fighting creates such a rush! It is an awesome view as I can see the animals’ teeth and texture of fur. The polar bear standing and leaning one paw on the glacier is incredible.  As I look at the photo, I feel the coldness that is portrayed. The picture of the owl is breathe-taking! I love how the weather is never a factor in his photography, yet the pictures have great colors and I can sense the weather.  I would like to capture pictures of animals in the same way as Mr. Rouse.  I like it because it is as though the animals are posing for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment