Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sam Moeller's Weekly Blog

Paul Graham





Paul Graham is a self taught, fine art photographer from Britain born in 1956. He has exhibited internationally and has won numerous prestigious art awards for his photography. I was completely unaware of this before I saw his photos and started to research about him and his work. I was drawn to his photographs due to the sequence layout he uses for each image. For me, when the photos are placed next to each other either vertically or horizontally it forces me to look at the photos over and over again. I want to see what changes between each one and to do this, I have to repeatedly look at the photos again and again. I enjoyed finding the differences in each photo as well. 

When reading about this series of work, The Present, Graham wanted to depict the inner social classes of American cities. To showcase that within the same space, there are various social classes inhabiting the same area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment