Saturday, September 20, 2014

Monica Turley- Weekly Post

Peter Adams



Peter Adams is a photographer based in Silicone Valley, CA; he travels the world to make unique photographs that range from portraiture to landscapes. He first saw these tulip fields during an inspirational trip to Norther Holland in the Netherlands. When he learned that the tip lip fields spanned across several miles and are planted in rows according to color, he knew he would return to photograph these fields just before their harvest. He chose to photograph the fields from an aerial view. 

These photographs caught my eye because at first glance, I thought the images were of bright swatches of fabric. As I looked closer and read the article, I realized that I was looking at rows of tulip fields! Adams choice to photograph these tulips from an aerial view was brilliant! An aerial view was essential to capture the unique form, lines, and color from these gorgeous fields. 

No comments:

Post a Comment