Saturday, September 20, 2014

Mary Jane Morris' Weekly Blog





Mike Smith is a professor of photography at Tennessee State University. He was born in Germany in 1951 and went on to join the army prior to his passion for photography flourished. He typically takes photos in rural places across the US, and Mexico soon to come. His compositions are usually following the rule of thirds for his portrait photos. His usage of color is vibrant when it is in use, otherwise he shoots in black and white.
I was drawn to Smith because of the interesting angles of his photographs. The way he takes pictures isn't usually something I would usually do. I also admire his usage of lighting on his subjects. I'm not sure why he takes pictures of what he does. My guess is that he is interested in small-town America since he was born in Germany and traveled with the army.

No comments:

Post a Comment