Saturday, January 17, 2015

Grace Herion - Weekly Artist Post



1. Tony Cenicola teamed up with writers Josh Barro, Troy Griggs, David Leonhardt, and Claire Cain Miller in this feature to show their audience what the doctor-recommended 2,000 calorie diet really looks like. I'm not sure what type of camera Cenicola uses, but his technique is very simple. The photos are all about the food. The only thing distracting from the food is the color of the background. It isn't until the photographer shows the healthier and more abundant options for the 2,000 calorie diet that the colors are eliminated.

2. In this feature, Cenicola shows the audience how much more they could get for their calories if they ate home-cooked meals over restaurants. This is a powerful message to the citizens of a country where obesity is an epidemic and fast food restaurants are everywhere. Home cooked meals seem to be a thing of the past... but Cenicola is making a motion to bring them back!

3. I love this post. As a student, waitress, and generally busy/arguable lazy person... fast food restaurants are my go-to. I think I'm doing myself a favor by order a size small or from "healthier" establishments, but I'm still eating an excessive amount of calories. It is amazing how much more food you can eat if you just make it at home instead. It's a great wake up call for people like me that try to justify our food choices with smaller portion sizes. 


...I'm not sure if I did this right because I got these pictures from an article... but they came from one of the recommended websites so here is my first post!

No comments:

Post a Comment