Sunday, January 18, 2015

Chevon McClenney *What I Care About*

After taking some time to deduce what I wrote in class, it's clear that what's important to me is people and unconditional acceptance and love. I enjoy meeting and being around people, though always a slow start, but it's generally difficult for me to go much deeper with friends, co-workers, classmates etc. Not that I am shallow, but that I tend to keep people at arms length. I'm sure this is true for many people. I have friends.. but not really a "Best Friend", there are mutual interests.. but no "Relationship". I think it's only when someone feels truly unconditionally loved and/or accepted that you see exactly who they are. And nothing is better than being yourself. That's why it's important to me that I make sure my family and friends feel important, accepted, heard and appreciated. I think I just have a hard time being on the other side and opening up.

No comments:

Post a Comment