Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Ryan Jennings "What Do I Care About?"

I started writing about what I cared about and the most important thought was family.  Over the years I did not always have that feeling, but with time and life experience I have come to the conclusion that caring for people close to me is the most rewarding.  After Shane asked us to use deduction, I started thinking more about why I care so much.  My mind was spinning with thought and memories were turning in my head.  I though about how it felt to be young and think I knew the world inside out.  I remembered how I treated my mom while my family went through a nasty divorce.  Those were rough years but my appreciation for family didn't come to light until I joined the military.  I was alone, scared, and starting a new life.  I deployed to Iraq and was not even sure I would make it back.  My family stuck by me through those years but the unconditional love we had for each other was always there, despite the pain and rebellion from earlier years in my youth.  They were my inspiration while I was overseas.  I care about my family most because they have been by my side through thick and thin.  They continue to look for the best in me and strive to encourage growth in my career, education, and family life.  This is why I care about my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment