Saturday, January 17, 2015

Matt Thyssen - What I care about

The things I care the most about are the three F's; Faith, Folk, and Family.  I follow the religion of my ancient Germanic ancestors, and these are the three values that are stressed the most. My faith is very nature based, I see the Gods as archetypes for the universe, representations of matter, spirit, and energy.  I care about the cycle of life, and the forces that govern existence. Part of that is getting away from the mundane when I can, and being out among the wilderness, away from man made artifacts.  I care about my folk, the European people who came before and paved the way for my worldview, the empires and cultures that have risen and fallen at their hands. Family (and friends) are also  very important virtues to me.  It would be very hard to exist without the fetters that bind me to my friends and family.  These fetters provide opportunity for exchange, the exchange of company, spirit, emotions, thoughts, gifts, and ideas.  Friends and family are the seeds of life and growth, and it's up to each of us to reap the what is sown. Another thing that I care very deeply about is creation.  As an artist and a musician, I couldn't imagine a day going by without creating something.  The mere idea of conveying an idea or an emotion through my own creation is one of the most important aspects of life for me. I would almost consider it magic, for example, to be able to convey my own idea with vibrations through space and disruptions in time and control somebody else's thoughts and emotions. In that aspect I consider art a very powerful and spiritual tool.  I think that's a pretty general summary of the things that I care about most in life.

1 comment:

  1. Same Here but I care even more about getting my assignment posted on this page with a stress free format. I am stressing out so badly. Please visually show me how you got the New post tab to appear on your dashboard. I really need to know now now. Please Help with Visuals or please meet me at perry library at one or two this afternoon because I cannot trouble shoot my mistake alone.

    ReplyDelete