Sunday, January 18, 2015

Kailyn Dickason- Weekly Post 1

Bieke Depoorter


1.)   I couldn't find the make of the camera used on the artist's website, but the way that the artist captured the lighting and the life in these photos was very interesting and well planned. The lighting in these phtotos in a way seem to wash out the room and give it a strange somewhat melancholy feel that captures the vulnerability of being let into a strangers home and invited to stay.

2.)  In this ongoing series, Bieke Depoorter asks total strangers to open up their home to her, the photographs the moments after.  She shows us just how varied everyone's living situation is, and really sheds light on how diverse a neighborhood can be.  These photos give off a sense of intimacy and vulnerability as well, because these homes were opened up to her and photographed.

3.)  I enjoyed this series and these photos, because I think the concept was interesting and I like having a glimpse into other peoples lives. I really appreciated how diverse her subjects were, as well, I feel as though this ongoing series is very successful and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment