Sunday, January 18, 2015

Laura Austin- Weekly Artist

Andre Andrade



 


1)  Not sure what camera was used for these photos but the angle and composition of these photos were well thought out. I think the main technical decision made while taking these pictures was focusing on the lighting. If the lighting was different the colors wouldn't appear the same or give the same affect. 
  
2)  In this series, Andre Andrade shows us the beauty of nature through color and lighting. The three pictures contain vibrant colors in these landscapes and up-close views. These pictures give you a sense of adventure, as if you're out there in the wilderness seeing this for yourself. 

3)  I usually don't care much for nature/landscape photos, drawings (etc). However this series that he did caught my eye, mainly because of the color. In these photos, it seems that everything is saturated and bright. It made me look at nature a different way. It made me want to be where he was when he took these pictures and to know what it was like to be at that place. He does a good job, though, in making me think that I AM there with these photos. Theres so much detail and focus on light and dark. In the photo of the tree you can really see the wear and tear it took over the years, that perhaps wouldn't have been noticed with a different angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment