Saturday, January 31, 2015

Holli Turner- Weekly Artist Post

Christian Berthelot










Christian Berthelot seems to have chosen fast shutter speeds possibly 1/125-1/1000 or higher to achieve the “slowed down” effect we can actually see blood droplets coming from some newborns. He chose dark backgrounds to further give focus to the infants.  To gain a high quality image and keep the “noise” down Berthelot more than likely kept the ISO down to a low number perhaps 400 or lower.


The concept was to take photographs of infants within the first seconds of their lives.  He chose to take photographs of infants that were to be welcomed to the world through the use of cesarean section.  The artist was granted permission to take these photos by obstetrician Dr. Jean Francois Morievnal and the mothers to be. 



These photographs are eye opening.  I have actually never seen photographs like these.  I was placed in a “world” that I have never seen in real life by looking at these photographs.  This is someone’s very personal world and are their very special moments and by viewing these photos I don’t feel that I am on the outside looking in but a part of the action of what’s going on.  Not many photographs that I view have done that for me, which is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment