Sunday, January 25, 2015

Skylar Coleman - Weekly Artist

Paul Edmondson







  1. In these three photos taken by Paul Edmondson, a sense of depth is captured by using set objects in the foreground that help lead your eye out into the horizon line. He uses the natural lighting of the time of day to truly bring out the natural colors that the sun reflects into the sky and off of the ocean. I am not sure what kind of camera he uses, but he is able to focus on images up close and far away when necessary.
  2. Paul Edmondson is a conceptual and still-life photographer from Seattle, Washington. He is drawn towards places where humans and natural environment intersect. He is known for his landscape photos of the American West. When looking through his photos, they all captured my eye because of their unique layout, lighting, field of focus, and color. He captures nature and humans exploring the beauty of it in a very awe-inspiring way. Paul uses different angles and perspectives as well.
  3. I chose the three images because of the way they capture depth and give a sense of the viewer’s perspective. I also love seeing photographs of nature and always find them very intriguing. The lighting in these three in particular caught my eye because of the time of day they were taken in helped capture more of an emotional connection with nature and its beauty. They also all three have a common setting of water, and again like in my first weekly post, I find myself drawn towards images involving water because of my own love for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment