Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Sarah Ipson- Artist Post 13




1.  Trent Davis Bailey is a photographer from Colorado who actually went back to Colorado to find his family and to mend ties after being estranged from them for some twenty years. Bailey's goal of The North Fork series was to gain inspiration and to find his family, but to also get to know the people in his photographs. 

2. Bailey's goal of the North Fork series was to originally reconnect ties with his family that he hadn't seen in some 20 years. He wanted to go back home to see his family and to get to know the land back home along with the neighbors that live in the area and take photographs in the process. This series took place over multiples of trips and a few years. David rekindled relationships with part of his family and even got to know some of the subjects of his photographs pretty well considering that some of them helped him or let him work on their farms so he could make ends meet for himself.

3. The feeling I get when looking at these photographs is a soothing feeling. When I look at these photographs it takes me back home to the small town I was raised in and I can just picture a cool breeze blowing with fresh air. I could picture myself smelling the flowers and enjoying a walk on some long back roads. These photographs took me back home for a small period of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment