Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Taylor Quinley Artist Post #13

Joseph Michael





The photographer for this project is Joseph Michael. Joseph is from New Zealand. He chose to capture images of the arachnocampa luminosa, also known as the glow worm. He traveled to the North Island’s limestone caves that are thirty million years old. He found what he was looking for in the center of the caves. He stood for several hours in the cold water. Michael had his shutter speed set for thirty to sixty minutes at a time. Due to the quality of the pictures I think that he has his ISO set fairly low, due to lack of noise in the picture. Also I think that his aperture is set all the way open. I really like how you can see the movement of the glow worms in some of the pictures. It is subtle but it adds just enough movement to make the pictures more interesting. Going through these images makes me want to travel to these caves to witness them for myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment