Saturday, November 26, 2016

Virginia Goode-Artist Post 16

Alessia Leporati




Alessia Leporati is a self-taught photographer who started her career by making portraits of her grandmother with an old Russian camera. She clearly has a good eye for detail and an appreciation for the changes in feminine beauty so she continues to make portraits of grandmothers.

The first picture kind of reminds me of work by Donato Di Camillo; both images take place on the beach, and the use of skin as a color/textural element. I am fond of the last image because of how the heads align with the horizon in the background; you would think the horizon line would be distracting from their faces but it works. Overall, I think she has good framing technique but some of her pictures seem a little tight on the edges. In spite of how close the subjects are to the edge of the frame, her arrangements of color make up for that.

Describing what I see in a photo and why I appreciate has become a lot easier since the beginning of the semester. Instead of it just being a "cool picture" I'm looking at things like color, framing, meaning, emotion, and other things of that nature.The first thing that drew me into the pictures was the color, the framing, and the people. I, personally, like taking pictures of people too so that might have something to do with why I like her photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment