Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Weekly Artist Post-Giovann Collazo

Giovann Collazo
Shane Rochelaeu
Digital Photography


http://www.getty.edu/art/collection/artists/1847/andr-kertsz-american-born-hungary-1894-1985/





These photographs were taken by Andre Kertesz. The first photograph shows a dog and a cat play-fighting in a little pet bed. Andre took the photo looking down at these animals while probably using a tripod to keep the camera steady. the second photo shows a gruff and stern looking man who glares into the camera angrily. Andre probably asked the man to make the meanest most unpleasant face he could; or Andre simply got on the man's nerve whilst taking the picture. The third image shows a flower wilting in a glass with a dark background. Andre may have had a dying flower in his house and decided that it would make an excellent picture.

The first photograph conveys a sense of joy and comedy with the dog bickering with the cat. Perhaps Andre thought that this would make anyone smile and that it was found universally pleasant. The second photo may make the audience feel uncomfortable as this man judges them with his eyes and his scowl hidden beneath his bushy white mustache. Perhaps this man knows what our flaws are and  is judging us right in our faces like the grumpy dwarf that he is. The third photo shows something that is deemed beautiful in the eyes of humanity dying and it gives off a feeling of loss or sadness.

The first photo kind of gives me a sense of childlike pleasure and enjoyment to see a friendly battle between a feline and a canine. It reminds me of those cartoons where th dog always ran after the cat and somehow the cat would get back at him. The second photo tells me that this old man does not like me. It tells me that this old man knows that I did something wrong and is judging me in my face. I feel very uncomfortable looking at this photo, but it also makes me feel that this man cares that I stay on the straight and narrow not just for my own good, but for the good of everyone. The last photo makes me feel very sad and emotional. The flower reminds me of how my head hung to the floor when I heard that my dog had to be put down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment