Monday, March 9, 2015

Brianna Ivey: Weekly Artist Post 9

Brandon Hill




1. Photographer Brandon Hill, turns his infant son Maddex into a baby daredevil. Brandon Hill's assistant help Maddex turn into a pint size super human and is edited out to make it seems that it is Maddex is doing his own stunts. During Hill's project, Maddex was not walking age.

2. Collaborating with his infant son for his project was not easy; however, when Maddex turned nine months his facial expressions and personality start showing and that helped with Hill's project Madd Stunts. Madd Stunts is Brandon Hill's way to celebrate his son babyhood and want he might be in his future.

3. I find these pictures to be playful and better than the "boring" pictures that many parents take professionally or diy of their children.  These pictures reminds of the pictures I have seen Queenie Liao did of her child while he was sleeping.  She dressed him in different costumes and poses such as a fairy tales. When I get married and start having children of my own I would like to photos of my children like Liao and Hill did for theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment