Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Kailyn Dickason weekly artist post

Julie De Warquier






Julie is a French photographer, who is self taught. She mainly focuses on taking pictures of women, and then edits them to make them surreal and mysterious. These photographs are mysterious, and they invite you in to a mysterious and magical world.  While her photos seem playful and innocent enough, I feel as though they all have very dark undertones, and I get those vibes from the lighting and the way the models interact with their environment.
                                   What drew me to her photos was the lighting initially, but I can relate how she photo shops her photos to have a wistfully dark tinge, and I appreciate how she incorporates the same room in a lot of her photos, because continuity is awesome.  I think these were probably taken on a tripod at a speed faster than 1/60th because these women had to be in mid air for the photo to be taken.
                                 I like these photos, and everything else in her gallery because of the continuity, dark undertones and interesting poses and subject matter. Her entire gallery is gold and I hope to make amazing things such as these photos someday.



No comments:

Post a Comment