Thursday, March 19, 2015

Simone McPhail- Landscape and Portrait 2

Kalikah Allah

Landscape : I picked this landscape because it's interesting to me that it captures motion. There are many other stills of people holding a microphone in this collection, but I'm assuming as an artist there's some reason or rhyme to this motion. Could this photo have been accidental? For someone like me yes, for someone like me Allah, not likely. 

Portrait: This photo is one of the only portraits chosen, and one of the only depictions of fans of the Wu-Tang group depicted on the subject's shirt. The choice of focus is interesting to me in this photo. The photographer seems to be actually focused somewhere around the bottom of the subject's shirt, leaving her in the middle ground, and the rest of the action in the background. This choice alienates the subject a bit and give the photo a distant feel. Almost as if to suggest this moment was a memory even as it was happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment