Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Jennifer Maddox -weekly post

Luc Raymans




What are the artist's technical choices?
Raymans must have used a very fast shutter speed for all three of these photos. Also, he must have had a lot of patience to get the right timing for these photos. I am glad he left the photos in color rather than turning them black and white, also his use of a shallow depth of field. 

What are the artist's conceptual and/or thematic intents?
I feel like his wanted to show to beauty of animals in nature. From all the little things such as the water coming off the birds foot as it took flight or the designs of the starling murmurations. Also, he has stated that he wanted to shoot nature in an architectural standpoint.

How do you respond to these choices and intents?
His way of photography these animals is amazing. I like how you can tell that he took his time with these animals watching them and waiting for the right moment to take the photo. I would not have known that he was taking this photos in an architectural standpoint without me reading that. However, now knowing I can see how he took his photos. 


No comments:

Post a Comment