Sunday, September 11, 2016

Feven Asghedom - Artist post #4





1.) Walker Evans takes black and white photographs. Uses 8x10 view camera. 
2.) Capturing the real conditions that people were living it his approach could be seen as the birth of street photography. The three pictures above are all from his book American Photographs. He does not interfere with his subject nor does he like people telling him what to photograph. The photographs capture a rawness within human dealing with poverty. 
3.) I am totally a fan of Walker Evans work. He has seemed to capture a moment and an era in one photograph. The second photo above is my favorite of the three. I want to know more about this woman. Her story, her struggles, her hopes. I am not a huge black and white photography lover but looking at his body of work makes me have a new appreciation for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment