Monday, September 26, 2016

Julius Ayo Post 3 Artist 3

Mustafah Abdulaziz



1. Muztafah Abdulaziz shows off with his pictures from his project "Water." His pictures framed in a way that showcases not only as a problem for one person but as a whole. There is some realism in his pictures that he could convey perfectly. Some shots are aerial to show the vastness of the subject and some are focused on faces. The color gives off this cinematic feel to them, but at the same realistic enough to know that these pictures were taken in a way they weren't constructed or fabricated.

2. Abdulaziz's project "Water" showcases the water crisis around the world in mostly third world crisis. In most photos, you see people and their struggle to get access to clean water and or even find sources for it in the first place. In some photos, you the subject looking onto the horizon in search of solutions. 

3. I, too, came from a third world country and I know the struggle of finding clean water, or finding sources at all. But now that I live here in the US, it now even more clear to me how big of a problem this is around the world. The privilege I have to have access to water for bathing, drinking, cooking, is gone an incomparable to these people in the photos. It has opened my eyes to something I have taken granted for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment