Monday, September 12, 2016

Tracy Schmid  Artist post #3

Sean Stewart   River town






1. Sean Stewart is a photographer from Pennsylvania. He currently lives in New York. His series of photos titled Rivertown depicts pictures from his hometown. This series is done to tell a story and show what is left of the communities when big industry/big steel exited.  It is mostly a collection of houses that describe where people live and how the land was shaped. It was used to record landscapes  blighted by de industrialization. Once a busy, bustling town,  now a town of recession and struggles to get by.
2. I am not sure what type of camera or medium he used to take these pictures. These pictures were taken during the winters of 2007 and 2011 and definitely show how the industrial revolutions and technology has left its mark on the landscape.
3. I really enjoyed his photos. I love the pictures that depict the landscapes, homes, store fronts, and other small town feel. It reminds me so much of where my family comes from. I love the way that the pictures tend to show fall and winter in a small town. They are very realistic, the colors are vibrant. I love the way the the background is muted in several pictures making the main focus the houses. It is sad to see how the industrial revolution and technology have stopped the bustling cities but I am not so sure the quiet life is not a bad one.

No comments:

Post a Comment