Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Nikkia Logan Artist Post 5

Paul Edmondson




So you see there are no pictures, well I could not figure out how to upload them. I could not drag and drop and the website was tricky in letting me save them. The three main pictures I was going to choose were the images that were landscape with beaches and plants. I still provided the link so you guys can look at his work because it is really amazing. I would call Paul Edmondson a minimalist photographer because of the elegant simplicity of his work.

 In the pictures I was going to use for this blog, he used outside lighting. Edmondson's work is very minimal. Sometimes he would use people, but majority was of objects or nature. Simplistic, modern, and singular are the three words that come to mind with Paul Edmondson's photography. Some of his pictures with people were intentionally blurred, which means he must have used a slow shutter speed. The lighting was always normal with the environment.

Society is so caught up in extra fluff or details. I like that Edmondson focuses on the simple and the essential. The photographs even with the horizon line at the beach is dynamic in such a way that would be ruined if say he had added something to the picture. Details are good, but embracing the negative and space is good too. I love his pictures of nature. They are vast and intriguing even with little objects in the picture plane.



No comments:

Post a Comment