Sunday, February 8, 2015

Breotnie Nichols - Weekly Artist Post

Lou Bopp





1) Many of the photos in Lou Bopp's series, Mississippi Tourism, have a shallow depth a field. I ssume that Lou Bopp used a more open aperture around f4. In addition, I think he used a lower ISO to ensure that his pictures have a high quality. In regards to shutter speed, I believe he used a slower speed below 1/60. I came to this assumption, because I can noticed some camera shake in a few of his photos, The camera shake is especially noticeable in the second photo with the woman holding the donut tray. I also think he used a medium to long lens.

2) Lou Bopp's series, Mississippi Tourism, features Mississippians in their every day lives. His overall theme is Mississippi culture through the eyes of a "tourist".He has captured their culture by taking photos of their food, musicians, and ordinary people. I think that his reasoning behind doing this series is to share their culture with the rest of the world.

3) In my opinion, Lou Bopp's photos are captivating. I find the shallow depth of field in his photos fascinating. It adds more intrigue to the photo, in my opinion. I appreciate the small glimpses of every day lives in Mississippi that he has provided. I've never been to Mississippi, but I feel as though I have gained greater insight into what life is like down there.



No comments:

Post a Comment