Friday, February 20, 2015

Holli Turner - Weekly Artist Post Bonus

Alvaro Laiz





Alvaro Laiz was able to “freeze time” with barely if any motion blur with fast shutter speeds. 1/125 up to 1/1000 depending on how fast the Warao people.  I don’t notice very shallow depths of field in his photographs so I would say he used a small aperture F 32 or F45.

Laiz’s goal as stated is to “document these people before they are gone forever.”  There are several factors that are leading to the demise of the Warao people.  Of those being HIV, TB, high infantile death rates.  Through his photographs he hopes to capture these people and these moments and keep them alive and frozen in time.

I decided to stay with the theme of the tribes since I enjoyed the photographs by Dirk Rees and his Samburu Warriors so much.  The photographs had a very distinct different personality with them that I enjoyed.  We don’t just see portraits here we see emotional scenes, movement, and landscape which I enjoyed as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment