Monday, October 17, 2016

Calah Jones Artist Post 10



1. Rena Effendi uses a Rolleiflex TLR Medium-Format Film Camera with a 2 1/4 by 2 1/4 inch 120-roll film.  This type of camera transposes the scene or image you see left to the right, keeping the view right side up.  It is best used for blending images into the background and capturing natural moments.

2. Effendi spends her time lingering on the scene, spending more time observing and understanding her surroundings.  Her camera does not allow her to capture moments at a fast past or with movement.  She must stay still and and as quiet as her camera.  She has to almost be invisible in her environment to capture the kind of picture she wants.

3.  Her pictures are very peaceful and calm.  Regardless of the situation, whether its of a bleeding man sitting in a hospital or a young child stranded in an alley, her images are soft and have lots of color.  The colors in her images help depict the emotion in each one.  What I enjoy most about her pictures is how she captures the moment in a way that I feel as if I am there looking through a glass door or window.  I do not feel as though I am looking at just an image.  I feel as if I am there with her behind the lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment