Thursday, October 6, 2016

Taylor Quinley Artist Post #9

Autumn Sasala








The photographer for these photos is Autumn Sasala. Autumn takes most of her pictures with an iPhone. She had never owned a real camera other than her phone. She prefers to use her phone because it is more convenient. She got into taking macro pictures when she saw one posted on instagram and noticed that the photographer had taken the photo with an iPhone. She was so amazed by this that she started researching and came across Squidcam lenses. These lenses attach to the camera of cell phones. She bought one and she was hooked right away. She prefers nature subjects such as water droplets and dandelions. A large majority of her pictures are macro. She has learned how to find the perfect time of day to create these beautiful images. I really like her photos. They are so interesting and beautiful. It is so hard to believe that they were taken using an iPhone. Seeing these images makes me want to order one of those lenses and try taking pictures like this for myself. I feel like this would be helpful for me since I have my phone with me more than I have my actual camera. 

No comments:

Post a Comment