Sunday, October 16, 2016

Kennedy Cummins- Artist Post 9




These photographs are from Ana Rosenberg's series, My Son and His Pets. Ana is a photographer in Lodi, New Jersey. Her goal when making photographs is to create timeless emotional imagery. She writes, "I see myself drawn to flaws, Double exposure, and black and white images. I am the happiest when I let go the conventional notion of 'Perfect'". Ana is a firm believer in just letting things happen and not trying to force the scene to get the 'perfect' picture.

 Ana was inspired by photographer Alain Laboile, "Rosenberg's images do indeed have a similar kind of wildness about them". 

Ana's pictures are so simple, but absolutely amazing. There is no tension in her pictures, which I'm sure is easier when you arent trying to force the scene. She doesn't follow the rules of photography and that defines her style. This series captures something so beautiful that many children personally experience. Although stunning in black and white, I can only imagine how breath taking her photographs would be in color. However, having them in black and white helps give that mind set of everlasting moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment